A TIG cup gasket is a small, round piece of material that is placed between the TIG cup and the torch body. It serves two main purposes:
- To insulate the torch body from the heat of the arc, preventing it from melting or becoming damaged.
- To create a seal between the cup and the body, preventing gas from leaking out.
TIG cup gaskets are typically made of a heat-resistant material such as mica, ceramic, or glass. They are available in a variety of sizes to fit different TIG cups.
In addition to their primary functions, TIG cup gaskets can also help to improve the quality of welds. By creating a tight seal, they help to ensure that the correct amount of shielding gas is flowing around the arc, which can help to prevent porosity and other weld defects.
TIG cup gaskets are a relatively inexpensive and easy-to-replace part, but they play an important role in ensuring the safety and quality of TIG welds.
Here are some of the benefits of using TIG cup gaskets:
- They help to protect the torch body from heat damage.
- They create a seal that prevents gas from leaking out.
- They can help to improve the quality of welds by ensuring that the correct amount of shielding gas is flowing around the arc.
- They are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace.
Assembly TIG Torch
Inquiry - TIG Cup Gasket