Aluminum 4047 filler rod is a non-heat treatable filler alloy used in welding aluminum. It is a silicon-rich alloy, with a silicon content of 11.0-13.0%. The high silicon content gives 4047 filler rod several advantages over other aluminum filler alloys, including:
- Improved fluidity: The high silicon content makes 4047 filler rod more fluid than other aluminum filler alloys, which makes it easier to weld and produces smoother welds with less porosity.
- Reduced shrinkage: The high silicon content also reduces the shrinkage that occurs during welding, which helps to prevent weld cracking.
- Good corrosion resistance: 4047 filler rod has good corrosion resistance, making it suitable for use in applications where the weld will be exposed to the elements.
- High temperature resistance: 4047 filler rod can withstand high temperatures, making it suitable for use in applications where the weld will be exposed to heat.
Aluminum 4047 filler rod is commonly used in the following applications:
- Heat exchangers
- Air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Pressure vessels
- Structural components
- Marine applications
- Aerospace applications
When welding with 4047 filler rod, it is important to use the correct welding parameters and techniques. The welding parameters will vary depending on the thickness of the material being welded and the type of welding equipment being used. However, in general, it is important to use a high heat input and a fast travel speed.
4047 filler rod is a versatile and reliable filler alloy that can be used in a wide variety of applications. It is a good choice for applications where good corrosion resistance, high temperature resistance, and smooth welds are required.
Inquiry - TIG Filler Rod ER4043 Aluminium